Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'll take your picture

Oh I have been lusting after an SLR camera these past few days! I've been the proud owner of a little Canon Power Shot digital camera for a couple of years and have actually been quite pleased with the quality of pictures I can take with it. I've put it to good use on the trips we've taken to Australia, Maui, Glacier and little camping trips in the Midwest too. This is one of my favorite shots from a trailhead in Glacier National:
I've always liked to take pictures and while I may not be much of an artist, I like to think that I can recognize beauty and composition when I see it. There are lots of amateur photographers floating around out there these days, thanks to the magic of digital photography. It is a very gratifying hobby. You see something beautiful, you capture it and you get to see your captured image immediately. While I enjoy the ease of the point and shoot camera, I'm starting to want something more. I'd like to understand a bit about how my camera functions and be able to tinker with it. Reading about SLR cameras yesterday got me so excited! I've known for awhile that I'd love to have one, but they are a fairly large investment - so I thought ah someday. Now , as I usually do when I get an new idea in my head, I feel an urgency to get a new camera and get started with my new hobby :) Maybe I'll find a good deal on Ebay - or even better Craigslist!

No comments: